Friday, March 30, 2012

Long text in "Default value or Binding"

Hey guys, how can I use a long text as default value in my database (column properties)?
I tried to paste my 10 row text into the field but it will only paste the first row as default value.

any ideas??What's the data type and data length of the column to which you paste text? And where did you paste your 10 row text into database?|||data type: text

It's obviosuly working fine if I create an update command updating the database with the same text. All I want is to have this text as default value for the column. But only the first row will be pasted...

SQL Server Mgmt-studio - Column Properties - default value or binding. Just a lil frustrating :)|||

OK now I understand youSmile Unfortunately this seems to be a flaw of Management Studio GUI, while you can add multiple lines as default in Enterprise Manager in SQL2000Surprise However we can define multiple-line default value by using T-SQL. New a query and use such statement:

ALTER TABLE dbo.test2 ADD CONSTRAINT
DF_Table1_description DEFAULT'The general steps are:

Back up the source database, which can reside on an instance of SQL Server 7.0, SQL Server 2000, or SQL Server 2005. The computer on which this instance of SQL Server is running is the source computer.

.'FOR description

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment