Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Long running report fails with http error

Hi,
I have a report that takes about an hour to run. When I run it, it runs for
an hour or so with "Generating Report", then the result page is the standard
IE "Action Canceled" page, and there is a javascript error. The javascript
error is Permission denied.
All other reports running on this server (which don't take as long to run)
are fine. I've checked IIS settings and blown the connection timeout to 9000
seconds.
It's as if the report is taking too long...
I've set all the URL stuff in the config files, but like I say, its only one
out of about a hundred reports that is failing.
Any ideas?
SteveHi,
I think this is something to do with your queries some where it is not
optimized. Just check whether the same query / procedure runs in your
management studio.
Amarnath
"Steve" wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a report that takes about an hour to run. When I run it, it runs for
> an hour or so with "Generating Report", then the result page is the standard
> IE "Action Canceled" page, and there is a javascript error. The javascript
> error is Permission denied.
> All other reports running on this server (which don't take as long to run)
> are fine. I've checked IIS settings and blown the connection timeout to 9000
> seconds.
> It's as if the report is taking too long...
> I've set all the URL stuff in the config files, but like I say, its only one
> out of about a hundred reports that is failing.
> Any ideas?
> Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment